Fiber optic thermometer systems are also available for rent!
Select the TS temperature sensor best suited for your application:
- TS2, for general purpose R&D, power transformers and industrial applications
- TS3, for general purpose R&D, RF and microwave applications
- TS4, for harsh chemical and nuclear conditions
- TS5, for medical applications and where smallest profile required
- TS Trafo, for oil-filled transformer applications
- TS Multipoint, for special bundled probe applications
- TS Nano, for OEM self-assembly applications
FOTEMP Signal Conditioners come in a range of form factors – Handheld, Bench Top, DIN Rail, Rack Mount, OEM PCB and OEM Module.
Micronor now offers a complete range of fiber optic temperature sensors, probes and interfaces for temperature measurement in challenging environments. TS series fiber optic temperature probes offer immunity to RF and microwave radiation along with wide temperature range, intrinsic safety and non-invasive use. The fiber optic temperature probes can operate over -200°C to +300°C (-328°F to +572°C), and withstand harsh and corrosive environments. Typical fiber optic temperature monitoring applications include:
- Process monitoring
- Power transformers
- Medical environments
- Catheter instrumentation
- Harsh chemical conditions, including radiation environments.
The TS series fiber optic temperature probes consist of a gallium arsenide (GaAs) semiconductor crystal that is mounted on the end of an optical fiber. The principle of operation is based on the temperature dependence of the band gap of GaAs. With Egap=1.423eV at 872nm at 300°K; then dE/dT=0.452meV/°K at 300°K. The block diagram below illustrates how the fiber optic temperature measurement system works.