Fiber Optic Temperature Sensor
The TS Trafo probe is a robust, oil-permeable fiber optic sensor for monitoring temperature and “hot spots” inside oil-filled power transformers. The product is especially useful for monitoring transformer performance in manufacturing as well as over the product lifecycle. Over time, transformer temperature and performance can be influenced by oil breakdown as well as vibration.
The TS Trafo probe is completely passive and non-conductive. The innovative construction provides perfect protection against dielectric oils and other liquids, as well as prevents build-up of bubbles.
These sensors are easily installed and spacer-mounted directly on the transformer windings. In addition, a special optic feedthrough SINGLE-FT is available for installation on tank walls and transformer housing.
These innovative, passive sensors are completely completely immune to RFI, EMI, NMR and microwave radiation. The probes are also entirely inherently safe as they do not contain any components which could create sparks lead to explosions.
|Name of sensor||TS Trafo|
|Temperature range||—200°C to +200°C|
|Response time||≤ 2,0s|
|Fiber Ø||4,5mm with spiral wrap|
(Other lengths on customer request)
|Signal conditioner||Compatible with all FOTEMP series fiber optic thermometers|
Specifications subject to change without notice
- Temperature range: —200°C to +200°C
- High Accuracy: +/— 0.2°C
- Completely non-conductive, inherently safe
- Immune to RFI, EMI, NMR and microwave radiation
- Precise, direct temperature measurement
- Monitoring of the transformer temperature
- Extends transformer lifetime
- Easy and quick installation
- Long-term reliability
- Oil-filled transformers
- Monitoring of “Hot-Spot” inside transformers
- Measurement in gas insolated power breakers
- Temperature measurement on large drives