Fiber Optic Absolute Rotary Encoders
Micronor MR330 series is the only 100% Passive Fiber Optic Absolute Position Sensor System available on the market today. The innovative design is based on an all-optical passive sensor and remote interrogator module interconnected by an industry-standard multimode fiber optic link. Features include:
- Passive sensor requires no remote power supply, isolation barriers or EX cabinets
- Immune to any electro-magnetic interference such as lightning, radiation and magnetic fields
- Temperature range -40°C to +80°C
- Sensors are Ex classified “simple mechanical device” and can be installed in all manner of hazardous locations and explosive environments – mines, gas and dust
- Controller provides “inherently safe, optical radiation” and can be installed in non-hazardous location up to 300 meters away
- ATEX approved for EPL Mb/Gb/Gc/Db/Dc applications
- Provides interference-free position feedback over long distances
- Outperforms resolvers and electronics-based encoders in harsh and hazardous environments
- MR332 Sensor for harsh environment, industrial applications
- MR338 MRI Safe Sensor for MRI and similar applications requiring both immunity andmagnetically invisibility to the imaging process
- MR330-1 DIN Rail Mount Controller
- Single and Dual Encoder Data Acquisition Software available for synchronizing position with MRI scans
The MR330 Fiber Optic Position Sensor measures absolute angular position from 0° to 360° with 13/14 bit resolution and multiturn tracking up to 12 bits (4096 turns). The system can operate at full accuracy at speeds > 2500 rpm and distances > 300 meters. This sensor system uses a novel optical spectral imprint technique.
Link for downloading MOV file which can be played with Windows Media Player or Quicktime (5:00 running time, file size 18Mb)
This innovative sensor system outdistances conventional absolute encoders and resolvers – transmitting interference-free up to 300 meters! The system consists of a passive optical sensor (MR332) and active controller (MR330) linked via industry standard 62.5/125μm multimode fiber. Interconnect options include commercial Duplex LC or industrial grade ODVA IP-LC Duplex.
The MR330 Controller will seamlessly interface with any control system using any of its built-in industry-standard interfaces: SSI, RS485, Modbus (RTU), USB, ±10V, 4-20mA and digital set-points.