FiSens® FBG Sensor Chains
FBG Sensor Chains for use with FiSpec Interrogators
The FiSens® FBG Sensor Chain is a spliceless chain of multiple high-precision FBG sensors “written” into a single SM800 fiber. When the sensor is paired with a FiSens® interrogator offers a multipoint, distributed sensing solution for temperature or strain measurements. The FBG sensor chains utilize a unique fentosecond (fs-Laser) Laser Inscription method offering an innovative FBG-based solution with best performance together with lowest cost per sensor point on the market.
The following is a summary specification FiSens FBG Sensor Chains. Consult the individual data sheets and manual for detailed performance and interface information.
|Sensor Chain Length||Up to 500 meters|
|Number of FBGs||Up to 30|
|Grating Spacing||Min 1mm|
|Fiber Type||High Temperature SM800 single-mode fiber, 5.6µm core, polyimide coated|
|Fiber Bend Radius||Min 5mm|
|Sensor Capillary Options||PEEK, Stainless Steel, Silica|
|Lead-in Jacketing Options||Glass textile sleeving (GL) or Stainless Steel Corrugated Tubing (SST)|
|Temperature Range||-40°C to +350°C
(Depends on selected Fiber, Capillary, and Jacketing Options)
Specifications subject to change without notice
FiSens® is a registered trademark of FiSens GmbH
- Up to 30 measurement points per fiber
- Sensor chains up to 500 meters
- Innovative and automated fs-Laser Inscription Method enables high precision FBG sensor chain manufacturing
- Temperature measurement precision to 0.1°C
- Strain measurement precision to 1µε
- Customizable FBG configurations
- Stable up to 350°C
- FC-APC, Standard Connection
- Sensor chains fabricated from industry-standard SM800 single-mode fiber
- FBG Sensors Chains are compatible with all FiSens® FBGX series Interrogators.
- General purpose BRAGGSENS and multichannel FBG-INTERROGATOR application software available at no charge. Supports data logging FBG data (wavelength, temperature, and strain) in Excel compatible format. Based on National Instruments LabView® runtime kernel.
- Programmer/Software manual provides support for embedding FBGX communications into customer-developed software.
- Contact Sales for overall technical support.
FiSens FBG Sensor Chain Datasheet
FiSens BRAGGSENS (Single Channel) Software Quick Start Guide
FiSens FBG-INTERRROGATOR (Multichannel) Software Quick Start Guide
FBG-MR0010 10-FBG Sensor Chain Drawing
FBG-MR0050 1-FBG Sensor Chain Drawing
Every FBG sensor application and sensor configuration is different. Micronor specializea in providing the unique configuration that your application requires. Typical lead time is 3-4 Weeks ARO for small quantities. An Ordering Part Number can be assigned and quoted within 1-2 business days.
Sample FBG configuration: T-5-N-GL-FI, Xin=1000, X1=100, X2=50, X3=50, X4=50, X5=50, Xout=5
Description: FBG Sensor Chain for Temperature sensing with 5 FBGs, 1000mm (1m) General Purpose GL Lead-in, FBGs chain is bare fiber (no capillary), FBG1 to be 100mm from end of Lead-In, FBG2-FBG5 are 50mm appart, Xout length=5mm
Quick Ship Configurations
|FBGX100||Standard 1-Channel Interrogator, max 30 FBGs|
|FBGX400||Standard 4-Channel Interrogator, each FBG Sensor Chain can have max 30 FBGs (total of 120 for 4 channels)|
|FBG-MR0010||STOCK 10-FBG Sensor Chain, A=T-10-W-GL-FI, B=1000-(10*100)-100 (FBGs are 100mm apart), For Engineering Evaluation|
|FBG-MR0050||STOCK 1-FBG Sensor Chain, A=T-1-N-GL-FI, B=1000-200-10, For Engineering Evaluation|
|FBG Quantity||1 = 1 FBG, up to maximum 30 = 30 FBGs|
|Spectral Range||N = Narrow (808-865nm), W = Wide (808-880nm)
For use with FBGX100/FBGX400 interrogators, select either N or W (preferred)
For use with FBGX150 interrogator, select N only (max 25 FBGs)
|Lead-In Protection/Jacketing Type||For Standard applications, GL = Glass Textile (max 155°C)
For High Temperature Applications, SST = Stainless Steel Corrugated Tubing (max 600°C)
|Sensor Capillary||FI = Bare polyimided-coated fiber
PE = PEEK Tubing (max 260°C)
SSC = Stainless Steel Capillary (max 600°C)
SI = Silica capillary (max 350°C)
|Xin||Length of Lead-in in mm, Options 100-10’000 mm|
|X1..X30||Specify distance from previous FBGn-1 to next FBGn, in mm
X1 = Distance from end of Lead-In to FBG1
X2 = Distance from FBG1 to FBG2, Minimum 2mm (length of 1mm FBG plus 1mm spacing)
X3 = Distance from FBG2 to FBG3, Minimum 2mm
|Xout||Length of Lead-out termination in mm, 2-10mm|