ZapFREE® Fiber Optic U-BEAM Sensor
The MR382 series Fiber Optic U-Beam Sensor is an innovative photo interruption/slot sensor solution that can be deployed in challenging environments, including mines, oil & gas, refining, medical, electromagetic and high voltage. The U-Beam sensor is a turn-key optical solution for implementing a gear tooth speed sensor, an edge detector or proximity sensor. The optical sensor system operates over a duplex multimode 62.5/125μm optical link up to 1250 meters.
The MR382 Controller provides both +5V and +24V line driver outputs as well as a frequency to voltage analog output. For Functional Safety applications, the digital ouptuts implement a known default failure state.
|Slot Interface||Consult MR382 Instruction Manual for beam profile and alignment information|
|Optical Interface||LC Duplex Plug, Duplex 62.5/125μm Graded Index Fiber, 0.275NA, Type OM-1|
|Insertion Loss||< 7.5 dB|
|Explosive Atmospheres||Inherently Safe, Simple Mechanical Device|
|EX Classification||Inherently safe, simple mechanical device when used with MR382-1Controller
IECEx Test Report GB/CML/ExTR 16.0105.00/00
|IEC Ex||EPL Mb/Gb/Gc/Db/Dc|
|Temperature/Humidity||-40°C to +65°C (-40°F to +150°F), 0-95% RH, Non-Condensing|
|Mounting||Consult Mechanical Reference Drawing|
|Housing||Consult Mechanical Reference Drawing|
|Weight||Sensor with 5 meter pigtail, 115 g (4.05 oz)|
Specifications subject to change without notice
- Passive sensor is EX classified “inherently safe, simple mechanical device”
- Sensor can be operated in challenging environments – medical, industrial, mining, oil & gas, electromagnetic, high voltage, etc.
- Immune to EMI, RFI, lightning, high voltage and ground loops
- Controller provides digital and frequency-to-voltage outputs
- Operates over long distances – up to 1250 meters